Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1046 Posts
G

·
I've heard the amount of guys who get in trouble for various problems like drugs, citations, etc is way more than you'd think

I can't understand how someone can go into a police exam with some history of bad credit, some type of record or a ton of driving violations and think they will just forget about all that

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ya usually the scores come out mid July or August. The lists are usually established in September but aren't eligible till November. So try to forget about the scores until you get a random email about it in the summer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
They're released in order by score, starting with 100s and working down from there.
I got a 78 and got my email about an hour ago. Given that 70 is the minimum passing score, I'd say that anyone who passes, will know by tomorrow morning. Failure notices usually go out the following day (Wednesday), but through process of elimination you usually know that you failed when there's no email by Tuesday evening.
I feel like this can't be how they're released. Where did you take the exam?

·
Registered
581 Posts
You can get your scores now if you sign onto your MACS account. I got my usual "too low to get called, but high enough to have hope, 96"
There's always 2019...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've heard the amount of guys who get in trouble for various problems like drugs, citations, etc is way more than you'd think

I can't understand how someone can go into a police exam with some history of bad credit, some type of record or a ton of driving violations and think they will just forget about all that
It's not about forgetting about it. It's about putting time and distance between your indiscretions and applying. Showing maturity and growth goes a long way. Not to mention when you are questioned about said indiscretions, which will undoubtedly happen, honesty and ownership speak volumes about character and growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
581 Posts
Ok I got my ID number and test location, so do I have to make a new account now? How does that work?

It's actually pretty easy. Just send them your ID # and request your score. Use the link I added below. I'm probably going to send my score out to a couple departments to get a jump on the other people that are still waiting for their score.

Contact EB Jacobs

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's actually pretty easy. Just send them your ID # and request your score. Use the link I added below. I'm probably going to send my score out to a couple departments to get a jump on the other people that are still waiting for their score.

Contact EB Jacobs
Thanks a lot I just emailed them. Hopefully I'll hear back soon!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Don't worry too much, I know MSP is taking 71s from the last test, I got four cards with my 83, but declined because I'm holding out for my hometown.
This is just a Rumor, but I've heard the FBI was considering taking laterals, so there may be some openings from people leaving MA jobs for the FBI.
i thought scores are going to be released late summer lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Don't worry too much, I know MSP is taking 71s from the last test, I got four cards with my 83, but declined because I'm holding out for my hometown.
This is just a Rumor, but I've heard the FBI was considering taking laterals, so there may be some openings from people leaving MA jobs for the FBI.
So you scored a 83 and you got four (4) cards from the MSP and you turned them down?? when did you take the exam where you scored a 83???

·
Registered
27 Posts

Contact EB Jacobs
So is this your first time taking a Civil Service exam for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts?!?!

41 - 60 of 1046 Posts