2017 Civil Service ALL POSTS !!!!! | Page 2 | MassCops

2017 Civil Service ALL POSTS !!!!!

Discussion in 'Civil Service' started by 43225, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Danusmc0321

Danusmc0321 MassCops Member

Jrod, Just because you have a disability rating through the va doesn't mean your actually disabled with a physical limitation. If you get any disability through the VA, 10% or over, you just send the paperwork to cs when your discharged. 10% gives you disabled vet preference through the cs. I'm considered a "disabled vet", but I assure you I perform the job just fine. If you get 30% through the military you are considered disabled and get health care for life through the va, for cs it's only 10.

2. Jrod6

Jrod6 MassCops Member

That's what I'm trying to understand. No doubt in my mind that you can preform the job 100%. I guesss I screwed myself when I ETS'D. What did you claim for your disability?

3. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

Your a bad person

4. unexpo

unexpo MassCops Member

They have to post scores within 60 days by law

5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans MassCops Member

60 Days? the 2015 test was in April.. Scores didn't come out till October

Crefton likes this.
  6. wryman

wryman MassCops Member

September 1st you will get your score

7. Jrod6

Jrod6 MassCops Member

Well sounds good, glad I have the vets preference then. Guess we play the waiting game until then. Gl to everyone who took the exam. Seems like everyone I spoke too seems overly confident about their score, let's see if reality take them back to earth when the scores come back.

8. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Got two of those dreaded 96's.

It gives you a staggering false sense of hope only to be crushed to smithereens. ;)

It was definitely the personality portion that toasted me. I'm certain I picked "strong" as opposed to "very strong" a few too many times.

Joel98, pahapoika and Ghost12345 like this.
  9. Clydon94

Clydon94 MassCops Member

You can come out of that test feeling like a million bucks and still score low in CS case a 94 and below. No one knows how the test is scored, its one big mystery, my advice would be not to wait around for the CS and try non civil towns as well as reserve academies and college departments.

Joel98 and pahapoika like this.
  10. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

11. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

( might have told this story before so forgive me if I'm repeating myself )
    Took the "old test" back in the early nineties. It was held at the old Boston Latin just outside of Chinatown.
    The troopers were already yelling at us that morning just to give you a taste of what was to come if you're lucky enough to get picked.
    Apparently they ran everybody's name that applied for the test and actually arrested about 10 kids pulling them right out of the line for outstanding warrants.
    It was "interesting" :cool:

Joel98 and Goose like this.
  12. unexpo

unexpo MassCops Member

Haha, that's awesome. About the only entertainment I saw at the Worcester test site this year was some dumbass who jumped out of line, talking to himself, with a stupid grin on his face walking back towards his car. We all asked him what happened and he said "I forgot a pencil". Pretty pathetic, but somewhat entertaining.

13. Jrod6

Jrod6 MassCops Member

How long was the line at the Worcester location? I was at the Lynn site and Jesus Christ the line circled the entire building (Lynn English high school). Which is twice the length of Boston city hall. I'm curious if the outpour was for the MSP exam since there hasn't been one in years.

14. unexpo

unexpo MassCops Member

Crazy long.... I was there a half hour early and we didn't get in the building to a room until 9:30 (test was supposed to start at 9). Just guessing, but I would say there were 600-700 people there.

15. Clydon94

Clydon94 MassCops Member

I heard through the grapevine that this year, the total number of people taking the exam was actually a lower turnout than previous tests. But, that was just what someone said in line at the CS exam.

16. jgraham11

jgraham11 Guest

I've heard the amount of guys who get in trouble for various problems like drugs, citations, etc is way more than you'd think

I can't understand how someone can go into a police exam with some history of bad credit, some type of record or a ton of driving violations and think they will just forget about all that

17. JansenAshton

JansenAshton MassCops Member

Anyone know when these will be released?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Tailon630

Tailon630 MassCops Member

Ya usually the scores come out mid July or August. The lists are usually established in September but aren't eligible till November. So try to forget about the scores until you get a random email about it in the summer.

19. MrCapias

MrCapias MassCops Member

I feel like this can't be how they're released. Where did you take the exam?

20. Rogergoodwin

Rogergoodwin MassCops Member

You can get your scores now if you sign onto your MACS account. I got my usual "too low to get called, but high enough to have hope, 96"
    There's always 2019...

Ghost12345 likes this.
  21. JansenAshton

JansenAshton MassCops Member

I'm on my MACS account and can't find a thing.... ::face palm::

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrCapias likes this.
  22. wryman

wryman MassCops Member

hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

23. Rogergoodwin

Rogergoodwin MassCops Member