Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

481 - 500 of 605 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
345 less people on the Boston list this year compared to 2013 test. 1690 vs. 1345. I wonder if its a reflection of people failing or just general lack of interest with everything going on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know which Rank number = 100, 99, 98, 97 and so on. I know I scored a 96 and am 1337. So for those who got a 97, are they 1336?

Thanks
Is safe to say that if you are 1337 and you score a 96%, the individuals that are in 1200 scored a 97%, those in 1124 scored a 98%, those in 1107 scored a 99% and those in 1101 scored 100%.

I scored a 96%, but I have veterans preference and I'm one of the 354 and 4th in my town with only Disable Vets in front. I had a brief conversation with my town HRD and was told that the Mayor is looking to hired 12-16 new officers and about double will be called in. What are some things that I need to know? Since being discharged I have not fully shaved, but I'm assuming I must shave prior to a sit down interview?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone know how to get something updated? I am an EMT, but it does not say so next to my name.

6th on my town list, 1824 is my rank.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Being a cop is mostly common sense stuff. Like should I wear pants today....or is it a good idea to door kick this hippy who is video tapping me.. Should you shave for an interview... Come on devil... That should be a no brainer.

Contact HR for the cert.
Ha, that was a stupid question. LOL
I already knew the answer, but my point/question was/is the do's and don'ts for the job interview.

I know I'm going to have my resume, HS and College transcripts, reference, social, etc ready, but what else should I have prepare? In addition, the military is all I known so I'm not accustom to job interviews or questions that relate to the job. Was asking for small insights on stuff that I should know to impress and have an advantage.

·
Registered
395 Posts
They will let you know what paperwork they want from you and should give you enough time to get it to them. Every interview is different with different questions. But I would expect the "why do you want to be a police officer, why this town" and the "what qualities do you bring to the table" . Stay in shape, appearances are important, along with not sucking physically if you get to the academy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
anyone know if these lists are complete as of now? i know they will be adding in some vets as they take make up tests. the reason i ask is there is only one vet on my towns list currently which seems weird as there is usually 10-15. i am acutally one spot higher on my towns list than i was on the 2013 list. in 2013 i scored 99 and 2015 i scored 86

·
Registered
28 Posts
guys who scored in the mid to upper 90's, did you only choose strongly agree/strongly disagree on the personality section or did you choose freely?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know how Out of Town Civil Service works, once a town burns through it's list, can they select anyone from the list to interview or do they have to go down the All list in order. I work for a town that has 4 people on its list now but am not a resident, wondering if they will be able to reach me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I scored low (mid 80's) and I answered strongly agree/strongly disagree. CS must of caught on since the last CS exam, there were hundreds of high 90 scores. and felt like I nailed all the other questions...even had time to double check the 4 that I was pretty sure were correct.
On another note, my town does not have any female PO's and myself and one other female are on eligibility list. Think this will increase my odd's of getting a shot?

481 - 500 of 605 Posts