2015 civil service test ALL POSTS | Page 25 | MassCops

2015 civil service test ALL POSTS

Discussion in 'Civil Service' started by Rob720, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Rufus Teague

Rufus Teague MassCops Member

2. Patr8726

Patr8726 MassCops Member

The numbers are misleading. Many people apply to those feeder agency jobs, then drop out of the process when they find out they have to travel for hiring steps, skip the written, no-show to the PEB or whatever else. The # of people failing who were initially qualified & subsequently complete every hiring step who are booted from processes are far lower than what you're saying. Most probably lose interest due to the extreme wait times. There are very very few fed agencies who will go to the trouble of hiring for positions only to cancel the announcements. Many got burned when FCIP was ruled illegal, that shut down countless processes that were using that authority. Thousands are being hired, there are wait lists for basic classes at FLETC.
    The feds like hiring all kinds of people. If you're serious about fed LE, you need to stop looking at jobs in terms of how much they pay you, and start looking at what KSA's you can check off in occupational questionaires. I took jobs in agencies you consider below you somehow, to get experience you don't have, which has made all the difference. Much like Mass, if you're willing to claw your way up through multiple positions, you can get a lot done.

pahapoika and Rogergoodwin like this.
  3. PatriotMass12

PatriotMass12 MassCops Member

QUESTION!

I have offer in hand from my municipality. I take PAT in a week. Lets say I pass (I should and will) but am not given an academy date before the new list activates? I've been told with an offer in hand it shouldn't matter and I'll be all set, but I also don't want to have the rug pulled from underneath me? Any advice? Many thanks.

4. Rogergoodwin

Rogergoodwin MassCops Member

Your all set. Bpd doesn't start till Sept 11th which is after the new test results are out, but it's still off the old test.

5. PatriotMass12

PatriotMass12 MassCops Member

Thank you, Roger.