2015 civil service test ALL POSTS | Page 22 | MassCops

2015 civil service test ALL POSTS

Discussion in 'Civil Service' started by Rob720, Aug 1, 2014.

1. jrkeenan36

jrkeenan36 MassCops Member

Whats the first step in the process? I took the Boston exam, and haven't heard anything. Do I just wait for something in the mail, or do I get a call, etc?

2. Kenny

Kenny MassCops Member

The State Police have their own list that was established in 2013. They didn't participate in the 2015 civil service exam, so if you didn't take the exam in 2013 you wont be eligible for hire with them.

Goose and blueline22 like this.
  3. jrkeenan36

Kenny, are you familiar with the civil service process? How are people generally notified if they have been selected? For example, I took Boston and got a 97%- I haven't heard anything but I am not sure what to expect going forward.

4. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Hurry up and wait.

If they get to your number, they'll get ahold of you.

Goose and Kenny like this.
  5. Crazy Otto

Crazy Otto Working for the clampdown

Don't call us, we'll call you. Or something like that.

Goose likes this.
  6. fedtostate

fedtostate New Member

Anyone hear anything? I'm not really expecting a call but I wanted to see if anyone received any good news.

7. jrkeenan36

Nothing yet. I think the current academy is over in June, and I spoke with someone on the force and said likely fall/early winter for the next academy. I'm not sure how far down the list they make it per academy though.

8. wrangler

wrangler MassCops Member

Waiting for calls that you hope and pray for just sucks.

9. fedtostate

fedtostate New Member

Thanks man. I scored in the low 90's plus i'm not a veteran so I don't think i'm getting a call this year no matter how many they're hiring. Any idea for what range the next set of letter/calls would be if the next academy would be in the fall?

10. Kenny

Kenny MassCops Member

Not to burst you bubble but they probably wont get passed the 97s for this next class, maybe to the 96s if the candidates are that bad.

In regards to waiting for a call you might never get trust me I've been there when it comes to civil service. I'm sure many of the people on the forum will be able to attest to that. I played the civil service game for just 3 years before I realized that it's a game you might never win. If you're really that ambitious about becoming an officer in MA do some networking and meet with some chiefs who might be willing to sponsor you. It took me a few months but after talking with as many people as I could I ended up finding a chief who was willing to sponsor me. At the very least try for the Reserve academy but if you have the assets go for the full time academy. I kid you not that I had multiple chiefs tell me that the full time academy is basically your "Golden Ticket" to getting on a non civil service department. As long as your background is squared away of course. Good luck.

Joel98 likes this.
  11. Kecop19

Kecop19 MassCops Member

Might be a dumb question- why does my number on the list keep changing? it went from 776 to 769, now it is 780?

12. Treehouse413

Treehouse413 MassCops Member

I believe it's for service members that take the make up exam .

13. Dalymiddleboro

Dalymiddleboro MassCops Member

Hi all, been a while!

I just got a card for a department. They want me to report with HR next week.

Could someone who's done the process pm me for my next steps and how I should prepare? Or maybe give some insight here?

Many thanks!

14. A.Silva

A.Silva New Member

What department and what was your score if you don't mind me asking..

And congrats!

15. JD02124

JD02124 Supporting Member

Which department are we talking about?

16. Dalymiddleboro

Appreciate the kind words!

I'd rather not divulge that info at this juncture. I did have preference however.

Are you familiar with what I should expect at the meeting with HR, and the following steps? Any advice would be great.

The card wasn't how I imagined it to look. Said that I'm being notified of a full time police officer position opening, and to report to HR at a certain date, in that respective town.

That's what the cards look like right? Sorry if that isn't a very intelligent question. Thanks again everyone!

17. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

They use to be small white cards with red and black lettering.

Congrats and good luck :cool:

18. Pvt. Cowboy

Daly... Chances are you're numero uno on that list because of your status. Just ride the wave buddy. Dress for the occasions, sir, ma'am, and do as they ask. I'm betting you'll be just fine.

19. Dalymiddleboro

Cowboy! Long time no speak! Thanks for the kind words and wishes, how have you been? Hope all is well!

20. Dalymiddleboro

Thank you for the congratulations!
    Sorry about the double post guys.

21. Umder24

Umder24 New Member

I thought they weren't doing cards anymore and notifying by email. Anyone else hear that?

22. Pvt. Cowboy

Things are well kid. Can't complain... Life is great living in NH.

23. Dalymiddleboro

I got my "card" via email.

24. Kenny

Kenny MassCops Member

I got my card via email, that's how they're sending them these days. Let me know if you want any info about the process in a PM, I went through it with a large city not long ago. Cowboy covered it for the most part. Do what they tell you, be polite and don't get rattled when they try and break you. Sounds like you're a vet though so you should be fine with the mind games.

25. Dalymiddleboro

Thank you Kenny.

Not a veteran, but have the highest respect and regard for the military service members who've donned the uniform, past and present!

I have 402b preference, from my father's sacrifice on the job.
    I would love for you to shoot me a pm with what I can expect though. Going in for orientation at the end of the month, at my respective police department.
    Thank you in advance.