2015 civil service test ALL POSTS | Page 18 | MassCops

2015 civil service test ALL POSTS

Discussion in 'Civil Service' started by Rob720, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Keys are in it...

I won't tolerate people coming here and insulting our members, or being condescending know it all fucks. There's a STAGGERING wealth of information here, and I'll be damned if it's gonna get stomped on by ignorance and attitude.

Like people who take veiled shots at others. Don't think it didn't go unnoticed.

Mustang... All you had to do was say, "Sorry if I was outta line." But no. You had to say "I looked back to see when I was being a douche and I didn't see it!" You were. That's why you earned yourself a week off. My Lord, the entitlement generation never ceases to amaze me...

Roadhouse69 and Goose like this.
  2. MiamiVice

MiamiVice MassCops Member

Yes! Your being a self entitled know it all douche!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hank Moody and Pvt. Cowboy like this.
  3. Roadhouse69

Roadhouse69 MassCops Member

I didn't realize it was everyone else's fault for beating around the bush. Thanks for correcting us.

MiamiVice likes this.
  4. Roadhouse69

There you go again blaming someone else. It doesn't bother me, but your gonna need to fix that before you consider getting into the field. This forum is tame compared to the ball busting that happens on the job.

5. JD02124

JD02124 Supporting Member

I believe what set you up for the title of know it all douche was the "my dads a trooper" comment and also "I hear knowing someone is just as good as being a veteran". Me being a combat veteran find that hilarious. That's just my observation on that subject. Anyway screw SSPO!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    FAPD, Goose, pahapoika and 1 other person like this.
  6. MiamiVice

Que up the tears and a trophy for everyone, there's no losers here only winners!

7. Roadhouse69

Actually you did agree with someone else when they said it, so....

But tell me more about how officers should treat each other. I would love to know what a 21 year old that's never been on the job has for advice.

8. Roadhouse69

Something is seriously wrong with you.

9. Pvt. Cowboy

Nobody here cares kid. Don't come into our house and piss on the couch, get called out for being an entitled twat, then get defensive about your previous statements when called out on it. It's pretty clear.

Clearly put, you know so much of what IS NOT TRUE. Good luck with your, "Knowing somebody is just as good as veteran status."

felony, Goose, GARDA and 2 others like this.
  10. Danusmc0321

Danusmc0321 MassCops Member

You want advise, here it is. There are tons on people on this site that have been trying to be a PO, taking test after test, bettering themselves and working hard to get where they want to be. There is a lot of people, like myself who joined the military, went away from there friends and family for long periods of time, deployed and risked their lives. I, like JD find it laughable that you would even ask that question. Why should you get special treatment and cut the line in front of people who have been working hard to get where they want to go? I can tell you that knowing a trooper is not going to put you above anyone. It will help if you get a card and they start doing your background, if your father has a good rep. But try working for something, better yourself, your young, join the military, lots of good skills that apply to police work. But stop trying to shortcut and sidestep. No one is going to be happy that you are trying to get an undeserved handout when others have been working hard.

FTH, HistoryHound, Goose and 3 others like this.
  11. Pvt. Cowboy

Again, with the shitty attitude. That shit right there.

12. Roadhouse69

I feel bad for you.

13. MiamiVice

Did the bus leave the station

14. Pvt. Cowboy

C'mon!! I was playing with my food!!

Turds like that need more flaming until they're well done...

Fuckin' killjoy.

15. Roadhouse69

How low you think they'll go for Sgt's?

16. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

I respectfully disagree. Any investigator "worth his salt" should be able to conduct a better interview, even if he had to use questions similar to the ones on the Civil Service test, then just answering, Agree, Strongly Agree, etc, on a written test. That's what detectives / investigators do, they interview people and get to know whether they're lying, telling the truth, being sincere, etc. Almost anyone can sit in a room with no one watching them and answer questions on a piece of paper and be able to "beat the system" as others on here have said. Sure, they could do the same with a background investigator but at least the investigator has a better chance than a piece of paper.

Just my opinion after taking two Civil Service tests, being an investigator, and listening to what many others have said in this thread. I hope those that deserve to be hired, are.

Code 3, FTH, Goose and 1 other person like this.
  17. Roadhouse69

The big difference is that background investigators look into just that, your background. Your employment history, involvement with LE, etc. Even the best trained investigator won't be able
    But there is a difference between what a background investigator would find out compared to a psych test. An investigator would determine things like work history, credit score, issues with LE, relationship problems, etc. But a psych test can give a more comprehensive assessment of how that candidate acts/reacts to stressful situations that he's never dealt with before, racial/ sexual biases, impulse control, depression, social anxiety, etc. Plus having it on the test would potentially weed out some undesirable applicants before the costly hiring process, and considering there were about 17k test takers, it would ultimately save a lot of money. I've also worked as a Background investigator (for only one hiring cycle) and given the amount of information we have to find on these applicants, I didn't have a significant amount of time for a sit down interview. Also, we were told it was important to keep our opinion out of it as much as possible. Whether or not a background investigator thought you were lying would never hold up under a civil service appeal.

A background investigation is definitely an important aspect of the process that is even more effective when paired with a psych test, one cannot be substituted for the other though.

LA Copper likes this.
  18. felony

felony MassCops Member

Jesus Christ, you know everything don't you? Are you even a cop? Do you just take tests and give your opinion? I was told I was the TOP candidate for that particular department. Hence, the reason for my bitterness. I am a huge supporter of CS, even though some duds have slipped through the cracks, because I am so against nepotism. Look at the Westwood PD test. They didn't even give the score to candidates that passed and those who passed the written, were chosen based on "qualifications" to move on in the process. My department can pick and choose who they want from the top 10. Just because your #1, doesn't mean you're going to get a interview or hired. If you want to get on in CS, you don't need ANY EXPERIENCE. All you need is vet status or residency. If you want to get hired by a non-CS department, a full time academy is helpful and a college degree. Good luck.

19. felony

felony MassCops Member

No, once you accept a (Reserve) CS calls it a Permanent Intermittent Officer position, it removes you from the CS list. You will have to wait it out at that department, until you get hired via list/test date for a full time position.

FAPD likes this.
  20. CBM0206

CBM0206 MassCops Member

In my opinion, and that's all it is...I feel that the state CS system would flow much better if the test was something of substance rather than 50% sixth grade education and 50% whether or not we leave our office door open or closed. I'm not saying make it impossible, but make it something related to LE. I've taken many tests, CS, PublicSafetyLLC, PoliceAPP, and individual tests in the state of RI. And I can say that the tests in RI do it right (not to mention they get you your results back within two weeks unlike the 6 months you wait for civil circus). They are tests that measure your ability to be a police officer and if you have that "mindset". I feel that if CS adopted the same type of exam, scores would test the candidates much better. I like the IDEA of Civil Service because it eliminates certain nepotism, but I don't agree that the tests should be weighted the way that they are. Save the psych profile for an actual psychologist to administer to determine the true psychiatric profile that a candidate possesses.

21. Roadhouse69

You scored the highest on the test. That doesn't necessarily mean you were the top candidate. Could the other guy have had a better interview/better resume?

FAPD likes this.
  22. felony

felony MassCops Member

Buddy, pay attention to my previous post. I was TOLD I was the top candidate, however they went with someone they knew, who lived in the town. It's NH and they can do what they want. The score is not absolute that you will get the job. I was TOLD this from the Lieutenant, who then said he could give me a hook in a neighboring department and gave me the Chief's phone number, because he felt bad I got the shaft. Just because you crush everything doesn't mean you will get hired. That's the point of my story, not that fact I was bitching I got passed over. Anything else?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  23. Roadhouse69

My ex told me I was an great guy when she broke up with me. Sometimes people just want to let you down easy. Sounds like an LT with a heart of gold.

FAPD and militia_man like this.
  24. felony

felony MassCops Member

Yeah he gave me a hug on the way out and we facebook chat on the weekends.

FAPD, Goose and pahapoika like this.
  25. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

I do the same with Roadhouse's ex.

felony likes this.