Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

2015 civil service test ALL POSTS

150K views 604 replies 121 participants last post by  PatriotMass12 
#1 ·
does anyone know what month and date the civil service test for police officer will be? thanks!

#2 ·
It's usually in April or May. The best suggestion I can make until a date is announced is to look at past test dates to get an idea of when.

Last years was delayed due several weeks due to the Marathon bombings.

Sent from my flux capacitor using 1.21 gigawatts!

#7 ·
The list is up for all the projected upcoming tests for civil service 2015:

Police Officer - Cities & Towns and MBTA Transit Police apps will be accepted online starting 1/5/15 to 3/9/15 test projected 4/18/15 (No state list on this one supposedly, that is also subject to change)
Environmental Police Officer C & D apps will be accepted online starting 1/5/15 to 2/16/16 test projected 3/21/15

Remember its the state civil service unit administering these tests, all dates and times subject to change without notice or warning! good luck to all who take them down the road!

#10 ·
I have a question about the upcoming correction officer 1 Civil Sevice exam for 2015. If anyone could give me their opinion it would be appreciated.

I have 10 years experience working as a security officer and would like to give this a shot but I'm also hesitant because I know there will be a lot of vets and people with college degrees taking it as well so I think my chances of getting in will be slim. Should I even bother paying $100 bucks, am I throwing money down a rat hole? lol.

Thanks in advance.

#13 ·
For you vets that aren't able to attend the test on the 25th, make sure you sign up for one of the quarterly military make up examinations. It's a fairly simple process. Good ole Mass still hits you up with the $50 late fee though, its pathetic.

#24 ·
I have a question about the upcoming correction officer 1 Civil Sevice exam for 2015. If anyone could give me their opinion it would be appreciated.

I have 10 years experience working as a security officer and would like to give this a shot but I'm also hesitant because I know there will be a lot of vets and people with college degrees taking it as well so I think my chances of getting in will be slim. Should I even bother paying $100 bucks, am I throwing money down a rat hole? lol.

Thanks in advance.
DOC is almost always hiring. A few years ago I believe that they went through the entire list and had to test again so definitely take it if you are interested.

#27 ·
Did you pursue it? I went through the hiring process in late 2011, narrowly missed the situps, and could have gone through again but by that time I was looking more at the campus PD route that I ended up taking. I sometimes wonder if that would have been a better job.
Nope. Wasn't interested in the job. I took it just to take it...

Got pissed every time I got a letter from the CS division, getting my hopes up...

#28 ·
Did you pursue it? I went through the hiring process in late 2011, narrowly missed the situps, and could have gone through again but by that time I was looking more at the campus PD route that I ended up taking. I sometimes wonder if that would have been a better job.
Can almost guarantee you will be happier at the campus gig then doing corrections. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.