2013 Dodge Dart sample configurator goes live, prices not finalized | MassCops

2013 Dodge Dart sample configurator goes live, prices not finalized

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by cc3915, Feb 24, 2012.

1. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

Members of the Dodge Dart Lovers Club unite: Dodge needs your help pinning down the price and model matrix for the Dodge Dart. As Ford recently did with the 2013 Escape, Dodge has set up a configurator with tentative pricing and options for five trims of the small sedan. According to the automaker, the point is to "provide us with information on how you want to see the all-new Dart," but it's a survey more than a true builder, so "Please note the packaging and pricing information on this site is for survey purposes only."

As of now, the not-finalized price of entry is $17,200 for a Dart SE with the 2.0-liter Tigershark powerplant with 160 horsepower. The standard engine remains the same but the options swell on the next three models: the $19,00 SXT adds things like bigger wheels and keyless entry; the $20,500 Rallye gets a new front fascia and a leather-wrapped steering wheel; the $21,500 Limited installs the 8.4-inch infotainment center and seven-inch reconfigurable dash cluster; and with the top-of-the-mountain, manual transmission, $24,000 R/T you upgrade to the 2.4-liter, 184-horsepower Tigershark engine, bigger wheels and dual exhaust.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/02/23/...sinc/autoblog+(Autoblog)&utm_content=FaceBook

2. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

The base price of the new Dart SE ($17,200) is less than the sticker price of my 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport that I bought brand-new in 1994 ($19,500).

I've always thought that there is a market for an inexpensive, basic transportation domestic car, and it seems like Dodge may have hit that mark with the new Dart.

3. corsair

corsair Guest

To be honest it kind of looks like the new Ford Focus.
    [​IMG]

4. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

The Dart looks more like the Kia Optima imo

5. Marks72

Marks72 Appreciative Member

All these modern 'shitboxes' look the same to me.

USMCMP5811 and fra444 like this.
  6. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

It is supposed to replace the NEON

7. corsair

corsair Guest

So they just change the name from Neon to Dart, now it makes sense. "If we change the name people won't know its the same piece of crap"

USMCMP5811 and Marks72 like this.
  8. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

When people change their name, all we do is roll their prints and then we know that they are still the same piece of crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMCMP5811, corsair and Marks72 like this.