2012 LAPD Cruiser | MassCops

2012 LAPD Cruiser

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by cc3915, May 9, 2012.

1. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

Delta784 likes this.
  2. militia_man

militia_man MassCops Member

I'm not a Chevy fan but that cruiser looks sharp. Who is going to be willing to turn in their man card and ride the scooter though?

3. cc3915

Women???

Delta784 and militia_man like this.
  4. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

Holy electronics in the trunk

5. cc3915

Hahaha. That was awesome.

6. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Sure is a long way from Reed & Malloy's ride;

[​IMG]

One complaint, though.....why, why, why are car manufacturers putting console gear shifts in police package cars? It's hard enough to get all the equipment in as it is, without a gear shift in the way. I'd much rather have coffee cup holders than a console gear shift.

7. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Probably so they can sell smaller computers mounted on the dash - or tablets.

I had a patrol car with no cup holders for a while...I hated the damn thing. I ended up velcroing a cup holder from the auto parts store to the back of the laptop screen. :cool:

8. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

LOL if i did that I would be breaking at least 2 dept. policies if not more.

9. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

The old square Crown Vics (pre-1992) had the perfect windshield & dashboard angles to secure a small Dunkin Donuts coffee cup, and the left corner fit a rechargeable Mag-Light.

10. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

I didn't break any policies, but once the Lieutenant found out it was gone. :(

11. OCKS

OCKS Guest

I don't think the laptop in the trunk would work to well in new england.
    @Delta that was the perfect flashlight holder, right there when you got out of the car. Couple of cracked windshields though. The old lamb baton tucked under the head rest. The good old days.

12. USM C-2

USM C-2 MassCops Member

I remember doing exactly that! Rip the plastic top with your teeth, fold it back, and wedge it between the dash and the glass as you were leaving the parking lot... keep your hand there until you get onto the street and away you go...

13. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

They are fast as hell. I will say that the console shift is a pain in the ass but like all things you get used to it.

14. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

With the way the City budget is nowadays, we won't see this car or anything like it for at least 5-7 years... at least. The Department still has a bunch of Crown Vics sitting in storage waiting to go out. I guess that's not a bad thing, though.

cc3915 likes this.
  15. Auxofficer

Auxofficer MassCops Member

They look real sharp ! Haverhill has a few with a new color scheme.