2012 Fire Truck Pull - LETR - Special Olympics | MassCops

2012 Fire Truck Pull - LETR - Special Olympics

Discussion in 'Fundraisers & Charity Events' started by Gil, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Gil

Gil Founder of MassCops Staff Member

The 2012 Fire Truck Pull is a fund raising event being staged under the Law Enforcement Torch Run (LETR) program umbrella. The LETR program is an international fund raising and awareness building program that saw over 1,000 members of Massachusetts Law Enforcement raise more than $168,000 in 2011.

Please help us spread the word and/or form a team to compete in the first ever "Fire Truck Pull to Benefit Special Olympics". You can get more information about the event by going towww.MassTorchRun.org and and then clicking on the "Fire Truck Pull". I have also attached a flier about the event.

We've all asked ourselves...It's the most common thought that runs through all of our minds: how fast can me and up to 11 of my friends pull a fire truck 20 feet? Well here is your opportunity to finally get your answer!

On Saturday, September 29th, teams of up to 12 will line up for their chance to pull 2 different fire trucks - one with water and one without.

How it works
    You and your team will pull both fire trucks once as fast as you can. Your 2 times are added together for a cumulative total and the team with the lowest combined time at the end wins!

How to participate
    Start a team and recruit your friends, family, colleagues, etc. to join you. Each team consists of up to 12 people. There is no registration fee but each must raise a minimum of $500 to participate - and obviously we encourage you to raise even more! That's less than $50 per person - easy! You can get local businesses to sponsor you, ask friends and family for donations or any other way you can think of!

Competition Categories
    We will have competitions categories that will be announced soon!

There will be event t-shirts, a DJ, food, prizes for various categories and whole lot of fun. Not to mention a lot of money raised for more than 12,500 individuals with intellectual disabilities who participate in Special Olympics Massachusetts programming!

More Information:

Facebook Event Page - 2012 Fire Truck Pull

2. m3cop

m3cop MassCops Member

Please pass this info along to co-workers, friends, family etc. We are looking for teams to sign up for a great cause! Teams do not have to be all police/fire etc...get a couple of guys/girls from your depts and invite family members anf friends to join your team! It will be a fun event for all!

Attached Files:

3. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

If someone needs a really weak, scrawny guy for this event PM me.

LawMan3 likes this.
  4. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

The Blue Swine ha.....nice name.

5. GMass

GMass Guest

The merger has begun!

LGriffin, USMCMP5811, frank and 2 others like this.
  6. lofu

lofu Subscribing Member

^Took the words right out of my mouth.

7. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Don't laugh. These guys were a Machine. A force to be reckoned with.

USMCMP5811 likes this.