2 San Antonio officers shot; 1 in "grave, grave condition" | MassCops

2 San Antonio officers shot; 1 in "grave, grave condition"

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by kwflatbed, Jun 30, 2017.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

By Crimesider Staff CBS/AP June 29, 2017, 6:27 PM
    2 San Antonio officers shot; 1 in "grave, grave condition"
    [​IMG]
    The scene in downtown San Antonio where two officers were shot on Thu., June 29, 2017

KENS-TV
    Last Updated Jun 29, 2017 9:37 PM EDT

SAN ANTONIO, Texas -- Two San Antonio police officers were wounded in a shootout with a suspect on a street just north of the city's downtown section. One of the officers was left in "grave, grave condition" and is "not expected to survive," CBS affiliate KENS-TV reports.

One of two suspects also wounded in the Thursday afternoon shootout and later died. The other suspect was taken into custody.

Police Chief William McManus KENS-TV the incident started during a "pedestrian contact." He said the two officers were patrolling the neighborhood when they spotted two people with whom they wanted to speak. McManus says the officers were immediately fired upon when they stepped from their car. The officers returned fire, striking a suspect.

McManus said the officers were taken to San Antonio Military Medical Center. One was wounded in the head and the other in the upper torso and was expected to recover but remains in critical condition.

Identities of the officers -- who are nine-year department veterans -- wasn't immediately released.

The incident prompted a lockdown at San Antonio College, according to its Twitter feed, but the college was later given the all clear.

2 San Antonio officers shot; 1 in "grave, grave condition" - CBS News

2. Fuzzywuzzy

Fuzzywuzzy MassCops Member

Officer Moreno has passed away.

RIP Brother.

3. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

4. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Claire Z. Cardona Nicole Cobler
    The Dallas Morning News

San Antonio Police Officer Dies After Shootout
    A San Antonio police officer has died after a shooting Thursday afternoon north of downtown, police said Friday morning.

Officer Miguel I. Moreno, 32, was one of two officers on patrol about 3:40 p.m. in the 200 block of West Evergreen Street, where they attempted to stop two men while responding to a call about a suspicious person.

"It is with heavy hearts that we share that our brother, Officer Miguel I. Moreno, #1603, succumbed to his injuries and passed away at 11:11 hrs.," the department posted to Facebook on Friday morning.

Read More...

San Antonio Police Officer Dies After Shootout | Officer.com

5. Danusmc0321

Danusmc0321 MassCops Member