Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The academy begins March 20, 2006. Graduation is scheduled for June 23,2006. The Application has to be submitted prior to January 23, 2006. The fitness test will consist of two job readiness obstacle courses, and a mile and half run and will take place on February 20, 2006. You can get the application packets from Trooper Dana Lavigne at 508-867-1121. The academy is 14 weeks long, Monday - Friday from 7am-3:30pm. Anyone going??

·
Registered
21 Posts
14 weeks...that's interesting they reduced it two weeks. I wounder why. I wish everyone the best going into SSPO #17. "Adapt and overcome"

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yeah, they are taking out one day of PT a week... and shortening the academy.. There is nothing like waking up in New Braintree... Gotta love it..
SSPO #16 for me.. 16 for 16 weeks...
-PVD

·
Registered
10 Posts
I will be going, can't wait !!!!

chickie529 said:
The academy begins March 20, 2006. Graduation is scheduled for June 23,2006. The Application has to be submitted prior to January 23, 2006. The fitness test will consist of two job readiness obstacle courses, and a mile and half run and will take place on February 20, 2006. You can get the application packets from Trooper Dana Lavigne at 508-867-1121. The academy is 14 weeks long, Monday - Friday from 7am-3:30pm. Anyone going??

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
PVD24 said:
Yeah, they are taking out one day of PT a week... and shortening the academy.. There is nothing like waking up in New Braintree... Gotta love it..
-PVD
Mass State Police Training with one PT a week "I dont think so":^o

·
Registered
172 Posts
Originally Posted by PVD24
-PVD

Mass State Police Training with one PT a week "I dont think so"

Irish, I stated that they ARE TAKING OUT one day of PT a week.. not that there will be one day only a week.. So please read every word first b4 posting back..

FSCPD, I believe that shortening the academy by two weeks, evens out the classes when u drop a day of PT.. not really sure why they are doing it.. but Im glad to be in the last class of 16 weeks.
Good luck SSPO 17

·
Subscribing Member
455 Posts
As a member of the 15th SSPO I would strongly encourage you to get prepared now if you already haven't ie running ....pushups..... crunches etc...keep a low profile while you are out there...also on the first day bring only what they tell you to bring...as two of my classmates found out the hard way and got wrapped in toilet paper....keep in touch with your classmates after and remember to have fun...Good Luck...

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm sure it is just another way to try and limit the places that will honor the SSPO as a full academy. God forbid you let people move forward and let them achieve their ultimate goals.

·
Subscribing Member
312 Posts
Wannabe1 said:
I'm sure it is just another way to try and limit the places that will honor the SSPO as a full academy. God forbid you let people move forward and let them achieve their ultimate goals.
Why do you sound so negative wannabe? I just can't understand....hahaha

·
Still [] Square
195 Posts
Sgt Jack said:
As a member of the 15th SSPO I would strongly encourage you to get prepared now if you already haven't ie running ....pushups..... crunches etc...keep a low profile while you are out there...also on the first day bring only what they tell you to bring...as two of my classmates found out the hard way and got wrapped in toilet paper....keep in touch with your classmates after and remember to have fun...Good Luck...
Lol - For god's sake, don't laugh!

...and don't cry either (lol again).

I agree. Start running your ass off. Like 2 miles a day. You won't be sorry.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised for a second if MSP got pressure from the college chiefs wanting the academy to be shorter so that they get their recruits back quicker and so that they can't use it to go anywhere else. It isn't an accident that the academy was designed to be shorter than the muniicpal and leave out certain "municipal" courses from it's curriculum. That is the college administrators and some police chiefs way of operating....don't improve their departments so people don't want to leave or pay them a competitive salary.....just cut their legs out so that they can't leave.
But that's Massachusetts for ya......

·
Registered
154 Posts
DC813 said:
I wouldn't be surprised for a second if MSP got pressure from the college chiefs wanting the academy to be shorter so that they get their recruits back quicker and so that they can't use it to go anywhere else. It isn't an accident that the academy was designed to be shorter than the muniicpal and leave out certain "municipal" courses from it's curriculum. That is the college administrators and some police chiefs way of operating....don't improve their departments so people don't want to leave or pay them a competitive salary.....just cut their legs out so that they can't leave.
But that's Massachusetts for ya......
That is definately a more eloquent way to put it.

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
PVD24 said:
Originally Posted by PVD24
-PVD

Mass State Police Training with one PT a week "I dont think so"

Irish, I stated that they ARE TAKING OUT one day of PT a week.. not that there will be one day only a week.. So please read every word first b4 posting back..

FSCPD, I believe that shortening the academy by two weeks, evens out the classes when u drop a day of PT.. not really sure why they are doing it.. but Im glad to be in the last class of 16 weeks.
Good luck SSPO 17
My Bad!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
hey fscpd907, PM me.. have some updates for you.. on our other special interest tactical venue... You will understand..lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all. I just graduated the 17th. The reason for the removal of one PT day was yes to get extra class time in, and also rumored that the morning after DT Officers were to sore to partake in PT. Hope that answers your question.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.