Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,214 Posts
I am pretty sure there is a Florida cop on this board who had his SSPO academy accepted down there in sunny Fllllooridia. Also, if you search of this site you will find a few other threads to help you on this.

I am also curious, can you pay tuition and get a seat, or do you need to be employed by a campus department first? Thanks.

· Registered
2,214 Posts
Re: re: 16th SSPO Academy at New Braintree

DCON said:
Yes, I worked with a guy who had an SSPO, and was hired as a Deputy Sheriff in NH, he just needed to take the law package through the NH academy, which was something like 4 weeks long. I don't know how many departments do this though, I interviewed with Nashua NH and they said that that they send everybody through the academy even if they've already gone. Something about having their officers bond, forming better teams.
Not questioning you, but I find it doubtful that Nashua would alocate funds to send certified officers back thru the academy as a "team building" exercise. Again, I'm not questioning you, just scratching my head. :?: Seems like a waste of money to me. But then again, I am not a real big fan of Nausea (aka North Lawrence).

I made two requests for information on the 16th SSPO and no one sent me an application packet. Does anyone know if the filing period has closed?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.