Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A dad picking up his 16-year-old son for a weekend visit, learns from police the youth had died.

By Maria Papadopoulos
ENTERPRISE STAFF WRITER
Posted Aug 04, 2008 @ 01:46 AM

LAKEVILLE -
Vincent D'Andrea of Weymouth went to the Lakeville police station at 3 p.m. on Friday to pick up his 16-year-old son, Vincent D'Andrea Jr., for his scheduled legal visitation.
The father and son had planned to spend the weekend together in Weymouth.
But instead of meeting his son, the elder D'Andrea lived out a parent's worst nightmare.
Officers told D'Andrea that his son, Vincent, had been killed in a motorcycle crash a couple of hours earlier.
"They said, 'I'm sorry, he passed away,'" D'Andrea, 56, said from his Weymouth home Sunday night. "I was left devastated. I lost my baby. My baby's gone."
Police are still investigating a motorcycle crash that killed Vincent "J.D." D'Andrea Jr., 16, of Lakeville, on Friday afternoon.
Emergency crews responded to Southworth and Leonard streets after receiving a 911 call reporting the crash at 1:06 p.m. Friday, police said.
Police and fire officials said the teen died at the scene.
The victim was thrown off his motorcycle and hit a utility pole in the one-vehicle crash, fire Lt. Michael Moriarty said Sunday.
Vincent "J.D." D'Andrea Jr. was born in Boston and attended schools in Weymouth, East Bridgewater, Whitman and B.C. High School in Boston, his father said.
He was to enter his junior year at Apponequet Regional High School in Lakeville, which he had attended for one year, his father said.
On Sunday, a makeshift memorial could be seen at the accident scene.
A small yellow cross enscribed with "R.I.P., V.J.D." hung on a utility pole. Below the pole lay red, purple and yellow flowers and shards of glass.
"He was certainly one of a kind. He was perfect, and greatly loved," his father said.
His son made the school's varsity basketball team, but quit to focus on his school work, his father said.
His son was active and enjoyed riding his dirt bike and skateboard, he said. He also trained as a boxer at Petronelli Gym in Brockton, his father said.
"He was full of life, a fun kid, big heart," his father said.
A funeral is planned for later in the week.
"I'm burying him with my mother and father in Canton," Vincent D'Andrea said.
The BCI unit of the Plymouth County Sheriff's Department responded on Friday to take photos.
Officer Valerie Bartholomew is investigating the crash.

http://www.enterprisenews.com/news/...old-Lakeville-teen-killed-in-motorcycle-crash

1 - 1 of 1 Posts