Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com
2,963 Posts
Thigh Hat Art Sharing Music

The cause of the blast has been traced to a cleaner lighting a cigarette after consuming a bean burrito for lunch...

·
Always Watching
8,278 Posts
Your girl is okay, Housingcop.

As usual, the witness accounts are pure gold:

Debbie, a dancer at Scores who didn't want her last name used, said she was on stage dancing when the "house mom" came up and told everyone to evacuate.
She went upstairs and saw smoke. While she was gathering her clothes, the manager came up and told everyone, "I don't care if you're (expletive) naked or not, get out."
The manager took them all over to the Mardi Gras diagonally across the street.
"I feel lucky we got out," Debbie said. She said all her work clothes were lost.
Work clothes lost? I'm sure the "house mom" will replace them so she'll have something to wear to college.

·
Super Moderator
7,171 Posts
One firefighter had fallen into a nearby manhole following the blast.
5811, you have some explaining to do...
In downtown, the explosion sent a huge cloud of smoke into the air, and people standing nearby were knocked to their feet.
I've heard of someone being knocked to their ass, and likewise knocked off their feet...but how does one get knocked TO their feet? Is that like a FF falling out of bed when the blast hit? ;)

·
Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com
2,963 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get an application for "House Mom"
And is that necessarily a gender biased employment oppurtunity?

·
Always Watching
8,278 Posts
Springfield explosion cause: 'Human error,' Massachusetts fire marshal says

Two days after the Springfield explosion, heavily damaged buildings near the site of the natural gas blast are seen on Worthington Street. (Photo by David Molnar, The Republican)

The probe will now focus on the Columbia Gas employee responsible for puncturing a gas line with a tool, and whether proper protocol was followed in the build-up to Friday's explosion.
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/11/springfield_explosion_cause_human_error.html
Oops...

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
I wonder if his "Oh shit" moment was when gas started whistling out of the hole he just made or when bricks and glass were flying past his (and everyone else's) head?

·
That tickles
190 Posts
I wonder if his "Oh shit" moment was when gas started whistling out of the hole he just made or when bricks and glass were flying past his (and everyone else's) head?
By the sounds of it, he didn't even know he struck it when probing, although I'm not sure how that's possible.

·
...---...
1,620 Posts
I remember working gas jobs with a guy who would smoke cigars while in the hole, needless to say he no longer works for the gas co.

G

·
Depending on pipe and rupture orientation it's possible for gas to not come out of a hole in the ground but follow the pipe to another location, which is what happened in Somerset the blew up in 2009. The gas was leaking a good distance from the house but traveled the length of the pipe into the house where it mixed with air and found an ignition source.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts