688 College Campuses - M/V Citations
689 Bridgewater State, -traffic safety
787 Sheriff Powers
788 Police Details
1073 Police Career - incentive pay
1195 UMass Police - Group 4 retirement
1594 Community Colleges - M/V Citations
1618 Special State Police Officers - records

Please EVERYONE get on the ball here and make calls to your local Senators and Representitives and support these bills. I got this information from the 05-06 Senate Docket Book. I went through the entire thing and picked out items relevant to us.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do you have the content of these? The official site for the Massachusetts Legislature hasn't been updated to reflect any of these.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no content just a brief description and number that I listed. A couple of organizations have inquired about bill numbers or some type of reference numbers. These were taken from the docket book at the link listed below.

http://www.mass.gov/legis/legis.htm

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got some information after calling around. I'm missing most of the bills mentioned above.

AN ACT RELATIVE TO ISSUING MOTOR VEHICLE CITATIONS ON STATE AND COMMUNITY COLLEGE CAMPUSES

Section 1 of Chapter 90C of the General Laws as appearing in the 1994 Official Edition, is hereby amended by striking out the definition of "Police chief" and inserting in place thereof the following definition:
Police Chief, the chief or the head of the organized police department of a city or town, the commissioner of public safety, the colonel of state police, the state superintendent of buildings, the chairman of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority, such persons as the trustees of the University of Massachusetts shall appoint as chief of the police officers appointed under section thirty-two A of chapter seventy-five, such persons as the trustees of the Commonwealth's state and community colleges shall appoint as chief of the police officers appointed under section twenty-two of chapter fifteen A, such persons as the commissioner of mental health may designate at each institution of the department of mental health, or as the commissioner of mental retardation as the chief of the special police officers thereat appointed under section fifty-nine of chapter twenty-two C or the chief of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority police department.
SECTION 2. Said Section 1 of said chapter 90C, as so appearing, is hereby further amended by striking out the definition of "Police Officer" and inserting in place thereof the following definition:
Police Officer, any officer, other than an investigator or examiner of the transportation division of the department of public utilities, authorized to make arrests or serve criminal process, any person appointed by the registrar under section twenty-nine of chapter ninety, any person appointed by the trustees of the University of Massachusetts under section thirty-two A of chapter seventy-five, any persons appointed by the trustees of the Commonwealth's state and community colleges as police officers under section eighteen of chapter seventy-three and any person appointed by the colonel of state police under section fifty-nine of chapter twenty-two C.

RELATIVE TO THE POWERS AND DUTIES OF THE SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT

Section 13 of chapter 37 of the General Laws is hereby amended by inserting after the first sentence the following new sentence:-

The County Sheriff’s Department’s powers and duties shall be limited to County owned property only.

Also, #646 pertains to the appointment of SSPOs under the Humane Society (I think it was the Humane Society, at least)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I could not locate any of the text of these bills.........Could anyone else? The Sheriff's bill sounds interesting.....Does anyone have any info on that bill or where they think it will go? Just curious..............

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.