Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, last time I got off the pike at Allston/Brighton, the Coke plant, it was 50 cents! 8-O

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DeSoto, actually...ten cents for a 6.5 ounce bottle (meh. remember ounces...).;)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There was one such machine at the lumberyard down the street from my grandmothers house: a vertical door with maybe six choices. Coke, Hires, Bobby (grape), Crush, Dr. Pepper and Verners (ginger beer). :cool:

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
Coca-Cola (or any other soda) always tasted better out of a glass bottle.
+1. Every Christmas, the local bottling plant drops off an ice tub, Coke and Diet Coke in 8 oz. glass bottles to the PD. That is the best tasting Coca Cola hands down! Add to that mix crushed ice and that is awesome!

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts
Newton residents who live on Route 16 already have a hard time getting out of their driveways in the morning, said Joan McGrath, who has lived on Route 16, which is also Washington Street, for 45 years. She blames the jams on toll increases and on the free on-and-off Pike exit in West Newton. "The traffic is totally horrendous," she said.
That's why people move out of those areas. 45 years there and she hasn't figured it out yet :rolleyes:. What's easier, bitching about roads that aren't gonna get any better, or moving to an area that is less traveled. Paying Newton property taxes and having "horrendous" traffic doesn't make sense to live there.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My absolute favorite beer is Grolsch in the thick glass bottle with the ceramic "pop top", but it's a rare treat because I'd have to re-mortgage my house to afford it on a regular basis;
I haven't had that since college...1980...:(

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Everything tastes better from glass. Beer, tonic, milk, you name it...
We haven't bought grocery store milk in years...
For those of you in the local delivery area, check these dairies out..

We receive a weekly delivery (freshest, most delicious products) from:
Catamount Farm - NH Milk

Also, in the Lowell area, Shaw Farm is awesome too...
Shaw Farm - Dracut, MA

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Everything tastes better from glass. Beer, tonic, milk, you name it...
We haven't bought grocery store milk in years...
For those of you in the local delivery area, check these dairies out..

We receive a weekly delivery (freshest, most delicious products) from:
Catamount Farm - NH Milk

Also, in the Lowell area, Shaw Farm is awesome too...
Shaw Farm - Dracut, MA
Koz, you know it ain't real milk unless it's RAW.:D

·
Registered
77 Posts
I can remember as a kid going to my grandparents to visit and they had the back fridge stocked with 6.5 oz (guessing) glass bottles of Coca-Cola. Dang but that was the best soft drink I've ever tasted. +1 on the glass being the best!!

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
My father-in-law has one of those old fashioned coke machines in his garage but he only stocks beer in it! Which isn't a bad thing.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ok beer in a glass bottle trumps cans hands down...but it doesn't get any better that draught! Mmmm...ice cold Shiner Bock on draught at Dallas Love Field is a fond memory. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts