Two stolen Tom Brady Super Bowl jerseys found in Mexico

Discussion in 'New England' started by kwflatbed, Mar 20, 2017.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 109K+Poster

Jerseys were in possession of a 'credentialed member of the international media'

[​IMG] |
    Updated: 1:44 PM EDT Mar 20, 2017

Jerseys were in possession of a 'credentialed member of the international media'

|

|

BOSTON —
    An international investigation has recovered two stolen Tom Brady Super Bowl jerseys, according to a statement from the NFL.

Related Content
    Working with the FBI "and other law enforcement authorities" the NFL said they recovered the jersey from the Super Bowl 51 victory over the Falcons last month and also the Super Bowl 49 victory against the Seahawks in 2015.

"The items were found in the possession of a credentialed member of the international media," the NFL said in a statement.

Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo said his department's Major Offenders Division traced the jersey to Mexico, where it was recovered in an operation involving both American and Mexican authorities. He said a tip in Houston led them to focus on Mexico.

"The only blemish that we had in the Super Bowl happened to be the theft of the jersey," Acevedo said.

The jerseys were sent to Boston to be authenticated, Acevedo said.

"We fully anticipate changes being brought against the suspect in this case," he said.

2. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

OH THANK GOD! Now I can sleep at night. This has totally affected my entire life and I've been on edge ever since it vanished. FOUL SCOWNDREL, I HOPE YOU PAY DEARLY FOR THIS HIENOUS CRIME!

Sorry, I know it's kind of a big deal, but sheesh.

Goose likes this.
  3. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

Am I the only one who read the bold part in the voice of the prosecutor from My Cousin Vinny? I'm guessing yes, but now that I've put the bug in your heads you might start too.

FTH, Kilvinsky and ShmitDiesel like this.
  4. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I'd forgotten about that. THANK YOU!:)

HistoryHound likes this.