Stolen Vehicle

Discussion in 'Vehicle Laws' started by linkinhawk78, Jun 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. linkinhawk78

linkinhawk78 New Member

Hello,

I have a family friend that has reported their vehicle stolen with the last known driver they knew took the car in the report. However, it was not put in as a larceny as the owner of the vehicle knows the driver who left with the vehicle.

The car is listed with the RMV as stolen and the vehicle and or driver have not been found and it has been almost 30 days. The owner wanted to try and give the driver a chance to do the right thing but that did not happen.

If we know where the person is that took the vehicle will be but they are not in posession of the vehicle is there anything the local PD can really do if we were to call them so they could at least catch the driver? They are hiding the vehicle.

This person is also out on bail. SMH.

2. Fuzzywuzzy

Fuzzywuzzy MassCops Member

Let me guess. The owner of the car and the person who took it are of the opposite sex.

3. linkinhawk78

linkinhawk78 New Member

incorrect. Thank you.

4. Edmizer1

Edmizer1 MassCops Member

These cases drive me crazy. We get these all the time. People want to report their cars as "sort of" stolen.

5. linkinhawk78

linkinhawk78 New Member

I could not agree more. They tie hands. I worked to push them for more. Car was recovered today oddly enough. Family issue where adult daughter has issues. Enablers.