Rhode Island DOC Hiring

Discussion in 'Rhode Island' started by doc1126, Feb 18, 2017.

1. doc1126

doc1126 MassCops Member

FB_IMG_1487392711504.jpg

See attached flyer
    Application period 03/01/2017 - 03/22/2017

Any questions feel free to PM me

Best of luck

2. rteixeira

rteixeira New Member

Anyone know any follow up information? The website doesn't give details as to future test dates etc...

3. felony

felony MassCops Member

The ACI (Adult Correctional Facility) in Cranston is not a normal jail. They have inmates sentenced to life in prison in the max wing and those that are too poor to afford bail and are held in intake. Rhode Island also has a all female prison a few blocks down the street. Those are the only two prisons in RI that RI DOC handles. The other is the Wyatt in Central Falls, a private prison for Federal inmates and those awaiting trial. ACI guards make decent money but have endless OT.

4. doc1126

doc1126 MassCops Member

The process is pretty quick. Expect an academy sometime in the fall / early winter. When I got on, I took the RI test a month after the MA DOC test. I got a notice for the MA physical when I was in the second week of the academy in RI.

IMO, the test is common sense (basic multiple choice + a video based portion with "corrections-like" scenarios).
    Take your time with the test and be in shape for the PAT. Other than that, not a whole lot more you can do.

Best of luck