Next Boston Academy (New Thread All Posts)

Discussion in 'Boston' started by kwflatbed, May 2, 2008.

1. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Well if they're hurting so bad for help maybe they'll reconsider ? :cool:
    All kidding aside , very disappointed with BPD.

2. JD02124

JD02124 Supporting Member

You're not the only one. I was just too stupid and pushed through what I thought was pain and shortness of breath from when I got stabbed . . . turns out I was forming and I quote "multiple" clots in my lungs. Now its recommended I remain on blood thinners for life so not sure what my future with BPD looks like. It was fun while it lasted and I was the last to drop . . . my last day was when the class was actually recognized as one and given the class guide on. Ill get over it some day just not anytime soon haha.

Goose and pahapoika like this.
  3. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

I hear ya ! To test and have nothing happen is one thing , but they have your hand on the brass ring . . . . . . .
    May your luck improve and soon ;)

4. MassM123

MassM123 New Member

Any more word on Boston taking laterals in the near future?

5. CC22

CC22 New Member

Anyone on here currently going through the process? Can you verify where you actually are in the process? As it seems to be up in the air at the moment?

6. TrueBleedBlue

TrueBleedBlue New Member

I'm glad you asked the question CC22. I am also wondering where everyone is at? I just took the exam in March 2017 and I'm waiting for "the end of the summer" for the scores and rankings to be released. It sounds like we have people here who are going through or just exited the BP Academy, and others who are/were deep in the process (i.e. going through pre-screening, etc.). Anyone in my boat? It's going to be a long summer waiting for those results! Stay Safe!

7. jt92

jt92 MassCops Member

I'm with ya man, my buddy got his results on Halloween in 2015 so trying not to think about it haha. He just got hired in the Boston area and started the academy today though, but I don't think anyone shooting for BPD will have to wait nearly as long to get in the process, there's gonna be plenty of open positions to go around in the next couple years

8. Norway14

Norway14 New Member

Might be a little longer than end of summer, due to the new legislation. They're now allowing 19 & 20 yr olds to take the exam, which is being offered to them in June, which may push out the scoring.

9. TrueBleedBlue

TrueBleedBlue New Member

Yup that's what I keep hearing as well - plenty of spots but they are understandably still being picky and are not desperate. For those of us who took the exam in March 2017, I figure the scores will likely be release in early September, the list is then established in early October, and God willing the academy starts in April or June of 2018. Hopefully it's a quicker timeline than that but we'll see. Stay Safe!