Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

New Admin, New Owner and New Beginings

11K views 55 replies 43 participants last post by  Sgt.Joe Friday 
#1 ·
As of today MassCops has a new owner, I would like everyone to welcome Peter to the group.

First off nothing will be changing, admins and mods alike will be the same, this is more of an admin deal and you really won't see any difference in the day to day running of the forum.

Peter has been advised of the special chemistry that makes up the forum and has pretty much opted to let things continue as they have been. There will be a server change within the next few weeks but again this should be a behind the scenes deal that won't affect the members.

I am sure Peter will reply a little later on and introduce himself.

I won't be going anywhere and I will be staying on as an admin but Peter now has the final say on the day to day operations and housekeeping issue that arise from time to time.

I would like to thank all of the members for their support over the past twelve years, I have met so many great people (and a few whack jobs) in the process and really can't thank you enough.

The reason for the change is that it was simply time to change, I have a lot going on right now and do not have the time to dedicate to the site.

I hope to see many of you at the next M&G to thank you in person, Peter also plans on being in attendance to personally introduce himself.

I just want to address one question that I am sure will come up "Is Peter LE" The answer is no, Peter is a Massachusetts businessman that runs several successful forums and MassCops will benefit from his experience with vB as well as server administration.

Thank you again,
Gil

See less See more
Reactions: NegroRotary
#28 ·
WTF, a noob's in charge now?????

Gil, ya done good my man. Your local hobby morphed into an interstate information destination. Congrats to you and enjoy what leisure time you're now afforded.

Oh and Pete, welcome aboard.. But don't fuck with the Green Room........

#30 ·
Gil,

Thank you for allowing this east coaster, working on the west coast, a chance to keep in touch with fellow officers on the east coast. I've met a bunch of "cool dudes" on this site and at the Meet and Greets and I'm grateful for having had the opportunities. Good luck to you.

#31 ·
Gil - as has been stated before, thank you for the great job you've done creating this discussion forum.
You've put in more than your fair share of blood, sweat and tears over the years, you've earned yourself a break.
You crafted something very special here and I have been honored to be a part of it and have had a great time. Good luck my friend.

Peter - congratulations and welcome!
You made a sound decision to buy this forum and I wish you nothing but success with it.
Good luck to you as well, sir!

CHEERS, LADS! :thumbs_up:

#32 ·
Gil, I never really planned on staying but after seeing people with the same sick humor as me, similar views for the most part I felt at home. Thank you for this site that for me has brought countless hours of laughs and educated me on various aspects of LE, good luck on your future endeavors. Welcome peter

#33 ·
Gil,

What can I say Bro? Thank you for your service both here, there, and over there...
I always thought you were OK, and I didn't care what Jimmy S. said about you

Peter,

Do you like model trains?

#36 ·
Gil,

Thanks for allowing this "Southerner" to keep up with the on-goings of my old Alma Mater, the Massachusetts law enforcement community. Its been fun interacting with everyone and being able to offer a Confederate point of view. Good luck and stay safe.

P.S. Are we, as Masscops stockholders/members, being given any of the proceeds of this sale?

#37 ·
Gil, as always I wish you the best!!!Peter, good luck with the site, I hope it continues as it has. Enjoy the different opinions on here as they can lead to great debate which can always lead to healthy change in thought and an opening of minds.I will continue to keep my posts to a minimum and lurk here since the removal of posts that did not violate the user agreement. Good day.

G
#39 ·
I'm kind of lurking myself, but definitely wanted to thank Gil (without sounding too much like a kissass) for the site. I was a teacher when I first started trolling the site, and over the years can unequivocally say that I had opportunities for jobs through networking on this site, that I would not have had otherwise. I've also made some great friends, including people that inspired me to follow a dream of mine.

I post nonsense, sarcasm, and condescension most of time; but have occasional glimmers of hope. I equate anything sensible that I type to the probability of 12,000 monkeys typing on keyboards for a lifetime producing the next great novel.

This is a pretty tight dysfunctional group that you're adopting here Peter. Good luck.

#41 ·
Enjoy the different opinions on here as they can lead to great debate which can always lead to healthy change in thought and an opening of minds.I will continue to keep my posts to a minimum and lurk here since the removal of posts that did not violate the user agreement.
AMEN Fra444... If you play by the rules on this site, your posts should not be deleted.

I haven't missed the point made by the ADMIN + MOD's stating that they have a certain housekeeping function here,
but it should not be lost on them either that when a shit-fight erupts in a thread,

they might want to start cleaning up the shit which was flung in the room first,
before taking action against the guy who merely farted in the room by comparison.

You could argue that both may inherently stink, but my point being is that...

A personal attack-style post containing profanity which remains in the thread, versus...
a member's post expressing a viewpoint you don't like which was then deleted, equals...

NOT THE SAME THING.

Gil - Thanks
Peter - Welcome

Debate - Welcome
Deletions - No Thanks... I'm all set with that kind of governing over my precious little free time, carry on fawkers.

#42 ·
Gil--I started to write a long , boring, drawn out paragraph of why I joined this forum only to realise that others beat me to it. So simply stated THANK YOU

Peter--Welcome aboard, sit down, strap in and hold on this place can be a wild ride at times........ohh yeah boost my rep power.

#45 ·
Gil, just wanted to thank you for all you have done with your site. I've been on here for almost 10 years and it almost always was enjoyable. I could not even begin to imagine the amount of work and dedication that was necessary to operate this successful site. Thanks again for offering us this outlet and welcome Peter.

Bart

#51 ·
Gil, Thanks for creating this site. Myself and my family derived a lot of positive support thru MassCops while one of my brothers was experiencing a brief brush w/fame! Best of luck in the future! BTW you still owe me a challenge coin. Take care and be safe! And Happy Thanksgiving!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.