K-9 Officers Final Tour Of Duty Posts

Discussion in 'Final Tour of Duty' started by Hb13, Jan 1, 2008.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 111K+Poster

Niagara County Sheriff's K-9 Dies

Updated Dec 5, 2011 at 8:16 AM EST

NIAGARA COUNTY, NY ( release ) The Niagara County Sheriff's Office sadly reports that K-9 "Rocky," a 2 1/2 year old German Sheppard, died Sunday night in the line of duty.
    Rocky, and his handler, Deputy Craig Beiter, were searching for burglary suspects in the City of Niagara Falls when Rockey fell from a roofto... <!--story_text end-->

[TABLE]
    <TBODY>[TR]
    [TD]<!--users link start-->Read the full story at WKBW<!--users link end-->[/TD]
    [/TR]
    </TBODY>[/TABLE]
    <!--adgroup1 start-->
    <!--story_title end-->

2. SPINMASS

SPINMASS Subscribing Member

RIP k-9 Officer. My thoughts and prayers are with the handler and his family.

3. ShmitDiesel

ShmitDiesel Radio

4. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

RIP Pup

5. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

Another one taken too soon... possibly dognapped to be killed.

K-9 Murder Plot? Oklahoma Police Dog Died In Possible Kidnapping

Authorities in Oklahoma are mourning the loss of a beloved police K-9 that was found dead under suspicious circumstances Saturday.
    "We sent him off to a vet," where they will perform a necropsy on the dog, Moore Police Officer Jeremy Lewis told The Huffington Post.
    According to police, Bak, a 5-year-old German shepherd, was last seen Friday night in a kennel on the property of his handler, Sgt. Kerri Andrews. Someone removed the lock on the security pen and either took the dog or allowed him to escape, police said.

K-9 Murder Plot? Oklahoma Police Dog Died In Possible Kidnapping

6. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Administrator Staff Member

7. ShmitDiesel

ShmitDiesel Radio

8. SPINMASS

9. kwflatbed

RI Dept. of Corrections K-9 dies

[​IMG]

Frankie died unexpectedly after 9 years of service

Updated: Wednesday, 09 May 2012, 8:35 PM EDT
    Published : Wednesday, 09 May 2012, 11:30 AM EDT

• By Matt Smith

CRANSTON, RI (WPRI) - Rhode Island Department of Corrections K-9 "Frankie" has died.
    Frankie died unexpectedly on May 4, after serving 9 years with with RIDOC.
    Frankie had showed signs of sickness on Thursday, May 3 and was brought to a veterinarian, where he spent the night.
    To avoid further suffering, Frankie had to be put down Friday morning.

http://www.wpri.com/dpp/news/local_news/west_bay/ri-dept-of-corrections-k-9-dies

10. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

Beautiful dog... RIP Frankie.

11. timothy135

timothy135 MassCops Member

Poor Pooch. RIP

12. LawMan3

LawMan3 Moderator Staff Member

MSP K-9 Nero passed away peacefully on June 21, 2012 after a short battle with cancer. Nero served 6 years with the Massachusetts State Police.

What a beautiful dog. RIP pup...

[​IMG]

13. kwflatbed

Enjoy The Rainbow Bridge Nero RIP

14. SPINMASS

RIP K9 Officer Nero

15. visible25

visible25 MassCops Member

RIP K9 Nero

16. kwflatbed

K9 "Tank" was killed yesterday on I-80 in Utah. Our prayers are with Officer Neff and his family. RPKAF thanks K9 Tank for his loyal and faithful service. Rest in Peace Tank.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    K9 Tank

Utah Highway Patrol, Utah

End of Watch: Friday, November 16, 2012

Bio & Incident Details

Breed: Belgian Malinois
    Tour: Not available

Cause: Struck by vehicle
    Incident Date: 11/16/2012
    Weapon: Not available
    Suspect: Not available

· Leave a Reflection
    · Add to My Heroes
    · Update this memorial

K9 Tank was struck and killed by a tractor trailer on I-80 near Salt Lake City.

His handler had stopped on the shoulder of the highway to give Tank a routine break. During the break Tank suddenly ran onto the interstate and was fatally struck.
    Condolences may be sent to:
    Colonel Daniel Fuhr
    Utah Highway Patrol
    4501 South 2700 West
    PO Box 141775
    Salt Lake City, UT 84114

Read more: http://www.odmp.org/k9/1487-k9-tank#ixzz2CWtdGLWm

17. kwflatbed

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    K9 Nash

United States Department of Justice - Bureau of Alcohol,..., US
    End of Watch: December 11, 2012
    K9 Nash was shot and killed while participating in an arrest operation at a location near the intersection Old Whitehorse Road and Highway 25 in Berea, South Carolina.

At least one subject opened fire on the SRT team during the operation, fatally...

Read more: http://www.odmp.org/k9#ixzz2Es8h9oxV

18. kwflatbed

[​IMG]
    K9 Ivan

Tucson Police Department, AZ
    End of Watch: December 12, 2012
    K9 Ivan was shot and killed while attempting to apprehend a carjacking suspect near the intersection of 2nd Street and Stewart Avenue at about 11:00 pm.

Ivan's handler spotted the truck within minutes of the carjacking and attempted to stop it, but...

Read more: http://www.odmp.org/k9#ixzz2ExDapg6X

19. takl23

takl23 MassCops Member

RIP Nash and Ivan.

20. kwflatbed

Brimfield Police Department

*** Passing of Retired K-9 King ***

Last night, King, one of our retired K-9's passed away. King was assigned to Amber Wheeler during his BPD service time and he remained with her in his retirement. King was 10.5 years old, and apparently he had a tumor rupture that led to internal bleeding. Unfortunately, they had to put him down. King looked an awful lot like his brother K-9 Joker, another retired BPD K-9 who still resides with Capt. Adkins.‪#‎rainbowbridge‬‪#‎K9‬

[​IMG]
    3 Comments

21. kwflatbed

22. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Good Dog. Rest in Peace and thank you.

23. woodyd

woodyd MassCops Member

It is with deep sadness that I report that K9 Dasty of the Arlington MA Police Department passed away yesterday, 06/18/2017.
    Dasty served APD for ten years, partnered with Officer Mike Hogan. He was Arlington's first Police dog in decades. During this time, Mike and Dasty have made countless felony arrests, located drugs, tracked down violent fugitives and saved missing persons. Frequently, suspects who were otherwise inclined to fight with officers would quickly submit to custody when Car 1068 (Arlington's K-9 unit) rolled up.
    Moreover, Mike and Dasty were heavily involved in community policing, bridging the gap between law enforcement and civilian residents of Arlington. Mike is also involved in charitable fundraising, having completed the Pan Mass Challenge several times. When I was growing up in Arlington, Mike was a mentor to me, always providing good advice and a listening ear.
    My sincerest condolences to Officer Hogan and the Arlington Police Department. Godspeed, Dasty.