Dozens of minors caught with alcohol, liquor store charged

Discussion in 'New England' started by kwflatbed, Mar 20, 2017.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 111K+Poster

[​IMG] |
    Updated: 1:48 PM EDT Mar 20, 2017

[​IMG]
    Liquor store
    |
    Updated: 1:48 PM EDT Mar 20, 2017

Investigators said they found 122 underage people in possession, transporting or attempting to purchase alcohol while at a Boston liquor store whose owners are charged with selling to minors.

Of those, 112 of the minors were carrying false identification, the Alcoholic Beverages Control Commission said. The investigators confiscated 49 cases of beer and 134 bottles of other types of alcohol from individuals between the ages of 18 and 20.

The ABCC estimated that the bust prevented the delivery of alcohol to up to 1,500 underage individuals.

Owners of the Quality Mart, located at 21 Massachusetts Ave., will be summonsed to appear before the ABCC to address numerous charges, officials said.

This investigation was part of the ABCC’s "Operation Safe Spring," which is intended to curb underage drinking this time of year.

"Enforcement primarily happens in the area of specific liquor stores that have historically had serious problems with underage kids purchasing alcoholic beverages with a false ID or through adults buying alcoholic beverages for them," the ABCC explained.

2. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

There were no stores like this near me when I was a kid...NOT ONE! I suffered, but who cried for me? No one, that's who. Me and my friends had to coerce older kids to buy for us or have that one kid who could pass, FIND a good store and pick up stuff for us. Did anyone care? No, but you'll never hear me complaining.

......other than that paragraph above. That's about it.:)

Goose and Sgt Jack like this.
  3. Sgt Jack

Sgt Jack Subscribing Member

Likewise here, I was lucky enough to find and make friends with a buyer in college who lived in my dorm down the hall. Good times! :D

Kilvinsky likes this.