Baltimore police officer shot through the door of his Gwynn Oak home Wednesday night

Discussion in 'National' started by kwflatbed, May 18, 2017.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 109K+Poster

2. patrol22

patrol22 MassCops Member

Scary stuff. Make sure you routinely Google your name as well as your spouse and anyone else that might be connected to you. There's a lot of information out there (addresses, phone numbers, etc) that is easily accessible just by typing in your name. Even once you remove it from a particular website it can come back up as it's all updated through public records.

Goose and HistoryHound like this.
  3. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

It's practically a full time job getting that stuff removed. I've had more fights with assholes that say "well they're public records and anyone can ask for them." To which I counter, "true, but there are numerous public records (like the US Census) that aren't publicly available due to privacy restrictions." We either need the politicians to get off their behinds and put some restrictions in place or have them realize that the states and cities could be the ones making money instead of allowing these douchebag companies to do it. I doubt either would happen, but option 2 might get their attention.

pahapoika and Goose like this.
  4. Fuzzywuzzy

Fuzzywuzzy MassCops Member

Lets just call it work place violence, OK?