AG Maura Healey AWB

Discussion in 'Firepower!!!' started by WJ406, Jul 20, 2016.

1. WJ406

WJ406 New Member

Has anyone else seen this:

The loophole in the Mass. assault weapons ban - The Boston Globe

Healy is prohibiting gun stores from selling MA compliant rifles (ex. pinned stock, no flash suppressor/bayonet lug, etc). These rifles have been sold in Mass for years and none of these liberals even batted an eye. Now all of a sudden they're a public safety concern?? I'd love to see the stats on how many rifles have been used in the commission of crimes in MA since the AWB took hold in '94.

Not to mention how does she have the authority to do this without going through the legislature. These MA compliant rifles fall well within the AWB the way it is written. This directive is nothing short of a usurpation of the legislative process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Funny that she admits AWB in place in MA for the past 20 years does nothing to reduce the "lethalness" of "assault weapons". Leave it to a politician to propose a solution to a non-existent problem.

My guess if she can't get something rammed through the legislature is to enact some more "consumer protection" bullshit.

3. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

She needs to get her ass sued, and dragged through court for banning a weapon in "common use."

Fuck her, and her draconian BULLSHIT.

4. visible25

visible25 MassCops Member

New Hampshire sounds better and better the more I stay on here

mtc, Code 3, WJ406 and 1 other person like this.
  5. kdk240

kdk240 MassCops Member

While i' d love to see a large gun organization sue this state and win, bc it needs to happen but realistically it's mass and it won't happen.

6. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

This makes my blood boil. I'm glad I picked up two stripped lowers in January though. I'm going to make them as evil as I can

zm88, pahapoika, Code 3 and 3 others like this.
  7. Hank Moody

Hank Moody Duder Staff Member

I don't even know what to say...............

Code 3, Goose and mpd61 like this.
  8. mpd61

mpd61 Federal Auxiliary Police

I Do!......................
    The Federal AWB lasted a decade and sunsetted. The Massachusetts AWB as adopted, mirrored the parameters of the the federal ban that died. There IS data from DOJ that show the AWB had no real effect on Crime. The Mass AWB has been in force for nearly TWO DECADES!

So suddenly Maura Hitler is smarter than the Data from DOJ, the U.S. Congress and Mass Legislatures combined experience, and the SCOTUS? And she'll use her newfound "logic" to "re-interpret the laws that have stood the tests of over two decades by those bodies? WOW! is she some form of mega-maniac or what? Gag me.jpg

9. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Yes.

Fuck SSPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GARDA, mtc, mpd61 and 3 others like this.
  10. Code 3

Code 3 Supporting Member

11. samadam78

samadam78 MassCops Member

So does this mean sworn leo can not purchase an AR-15? What about an out of state purchase of one? Private sale? I was planning to purchase one before the end of the summer detail season :mad:

12. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 111K+Poster

13. Pvt. Cowboy

I hope to God, for your sakes, that organizations like Comm2a, and Goal sue the ever loving shit outta this draconian bitch. Fuck her.

Inspector71, mpd61, Goose and 5 others like this.
  14. MiamiVice

MiamiVice MassCops Member

Negativewe're still exempt. But you'll need to find a dealer that's not afraid of the AG to sell you one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

samadam78 likes this.
  15. patrol22

patrol22 MassCops Member

Try going to Atlantic Tactical in Westwood, they only sell to LE so you shouldn't have any issues. They sell non MA compliant stuff so you can get whatever you want. Good prices too

mpd61 and samadam78 like this.
  16. Sgt Jack

Sgt Jack Subscribing Member

I just picked up some extra mags for my M&P Shield from Bay State Firearms in Peabody. They told me that the Leo exception was still good but they were waiting for things to cool down a bit before they sold anything. I already have an AR but I definitely want a few more goodies.

samadam78 likes this.
  17. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

Just came from there. The normally loaded rifle racks were almost bare haha.

mpd61 likes this.
  18. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Crap !
    Should have listened to the gun nuts at the local shop.
    Kept telling me to buy a stripped lower and build something for later on.
    Thing looked like a paperweight , but I'm sure they're all worth big money now :(

19. Pvt. Cowboy

I'm gonna start a business, selling rifles across the border. Because fuck Healy.

kdk240, mpd61, Code 3 and 1 other person like this.
  20. PPD54

PPD54 Highly Dedicated, Slightly Motivated

So....aren't all weapons "assault" weapons if you want to split hairs? I mean otherwise they would be weapons if you couldn't use it to assault someone.

21. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

Don't put any ideas in her empty head.

woodyd, Inspector71, PPD54 and 2 others like this.
  22. felony

felony MassCops Member

I guess we live in Communist Russia. This was nothing more than an overnight Gun Grab by the AG. I had no idea about the ban, until I started receiving email alerts yesterday around noon time, from Four Seasons. I am sure GOAL will try to challenge it, but we all know how that will turn out. Support for the second amendment is dismal in this state and most people, feel a rifle like that serves no legitimate purpose in civilian life. I bet eventually, she will redact LE exemptions on firearms also.

Sadly, this was nothing more then a notch on her belt, so that she can further her political career. These weapons are a hot topic right now with the anti-second amendment crowd. I believe in Connecticut you cannot even posses a AR-Style rifle, with legislation after Sandyhook.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  23. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

There is a rally at the state house this Saturday. Was there last time and first i heard about "Comm 2A".

24. Treehouse413

Treehouse413 MassCops Member

I'm the licensing officer for my department and according to the forum I belong to and Chief Glidden were all set.

samadam78 likes this.
  25. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

Whew, that was close huh? :mad:

Hush and Goose like this.